Saturday 9 July 2011

BEDROOM MOSHERS

Inspired by the Entombed song from Rob's post... which I remember being a regular in my "songs to put on repeat and mosh to in the bedroom" sessions... Here are a couple of other songs from that period in my life, all of which are metal bands covering punk bands, it took me longer than you'd think to realise that I actually really liked punk rather than metal...

Machine Head covering Poison Idea (bonus track on the 1994 special edition digipak of their debut album. my favourite song on the album)


Pantera covering Poison Idea (the b-side to the 7" of 5 minutes alone released in conjunction with their appearance at Donnington Monsters of Rock the same year - which Robert, Andreas & I went to)


Metallica covering the Misfits (notable for Lars' insanely camp drumming)


This is also in tribute to my friend Tim (also Wes' housemate) who is playing on the mainstage at sonisphere this weekend with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. Teen Dreamz.

P.S. wikipedia was not used in conjunction with this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment