Saturday 16 July 2011

MARSUPIAL PUNK



So I got this compilation the other day from Katrina Records mate called 'Where Birdmen Flew'. It's a collection of late 70s Australian Punk mate and basically every song is totally killer, mate. This song by X deserves special mention mate because when I was growing up, my mum, mate, from Brisbane mate (big up), would talk about a band called the Coloured Balls who were the big group at that time, mate. They were sort of proto-punk I guess, a bit glam maybe as well mate, and their somewhat demented fans were known as 'sharpies' (like the pens, doyyyy). Anyway mate, I'm only writing all this because Lobby Loyde was the singer of Coloured Balls, mate and he produced X's album 'X-Aspirations'. It's all connected mate. Cheerio!


see the sharpies go at it

No comments:

Post a Comment